Today is the sixth day of the WEEK OF THE GERBIL!
- Gerbils are native to Asia.
- The gerbil sitting in your room is most likely a Mongolian Gerbil.
- Gerbils thump their hind legs when concerned to warn other gerbils.
- There are more than 100 species of gerbils.
- In his/her life, a gerbil's teeth never stop growing.
- A male gerbil is called a Hob, a female a Jibb.
- Baby gerbils are called Kits.
- Gerbils have scent glands on their stomachs.
- Gerbils can identify each other through the taste of saliva
- They are rather social animals.
- Gerbils are very active.
- They are extensive burrowers.
- There are gerbil shows and pageants.
- Gerbils can be trained to do tricks and run obstacle courses.
- A gerbil's entire body is covered in fur-even it's tail.
- They will run, hop, and chase each other around a cage.
- Gerbils are very curious.
- in the wild they roll in the dirt to make their fur softer.
- Gerbils were first brought to the US in 1949 as lab animals.
- Male gerbils, unlike many other rodents, help the mother raise the young.
Tomorrow is the last day of the WEEK OF THE GERBIL! I will be doing a GERBIL SHOUT OUT! If you want your gerbil shown, please send me a picture of him/her with their name, sex, and their hobbies and I will feature it! :)) Pictures can be sent to my facebook page or e-mail. email@example.com.